General system requirements
- Current version of widely used Web-Browsers (Internetexplorer version 11 or higher, Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Safari,...) and must be able to display HTML5
- Internetconnection > 1 Mb/s (recommended: 2 Mb/s)
- Audio playback
- Adobe® Flash® Player 13.0+
- Uploadspeed 1 Mb/s (3 Mb/s if using a headset and/or webcam)
To be able to use Adobe Connect you only need a working browser. You can easily access the meetings rooms using the link provided roughly two weeks before the beginning of the course.
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 of faster for Microsoft® Windows® 7 or Windows 8/8.1
- WIndows 10, 8.1(32-bit/64-bit), 8.0 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit)
- 512MB RAM (1GB recomended) für Windows 7, Windows 8 oder Windows 10
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 oder neuer; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome; Windows Edge Browser
- Adobe® Flash® Player 13.0+ (for organisers, for moderators, participants)
- 1.83GHz Intel CoreTM Duo or faster
- 512MB RAM (1GB recomended)
- Mac OS X, 10.11, 10.12, 10.13
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 13.0+ (for organisers, moderators, participants)
- Ubuntu 14.04, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 13.1
- No Add-in support for Linux (Linux-Users can participate in Connect-Meetings via a browser)
- Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 23.0+ (for organisers, moderators, participants)
- Apple - supported devices: iPhone 5S, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPad with Retina Display, iPad 3, iPad 2, iPad mini and iPod touch (4. and 5. Generation)
- Apple - required OS-Version : iOS 8.1.2 or higher
- Android - supported Android-Version: 4.4 or higher
- Bandwidth: 512 Kbps (for organisers, moderators, participants)
- Internetconnection: DSL/Cabel (Connection with a network cable is recommended for organisers and moderators)
- Webcame for broadcasting (for moderators, participants)
- Headset for voice transmition and sound output (Hinweis: Some webcams have an integrated microphone which usually results in feedback when communicating. Therefore, please use a dedicated headset to avoid such effects. Auch die Tonausgabe muss über die Kopfhörer des Do not use speakers. Please use an USB-Headset for better audio quality.
- Adobe Connect Add-Inn (Only needed if you want to share your screen or data on your computer. Please follow the installation guide)
You can test the Flash Player with the connection-check to find out if Adobe Connect is supported. https://connect.fernuni-hagen.de/common/help/de/support/meeting_test.htm
You can access a testing room to get a first impression: https://emeeting.fernuni-hagen.de/technikcheck. Simply enter your full name in "Join meeting as guest" and then click "Login". Once logged in you have access as moderator. There is also a PowerPoint presentation with instructions for setting up voice and video. If that’s not the case please click on “Share desktop” -> “Share document” and chose “Connect_Technical_Testroom.pptx”. This will open the presentation window which will guide you through the audio and video setup.
Make sure your firewall doesn’t block port 1935 (RTMP). If a port is blocked you may see a message like: “Error: no proper return from FMS-Server!”. Adobe Connect first tries to use the port 1935. If this port is blocked port 443 is chosen which is usually secured with SSL. The best solution is to make sure that port 1935 is open.